For the upcoming Marital and Family Law Board Certification Exam:
- Prepare and file your application between July 1 and August 31. Application will be available online after March 2nd.
- To obtain the application, please visit: http://www.floridabar.org/certification
Time frame for requirements: 5 years prior to the date of application.
- Be a member in good standing of The Florida Bar.
- Have at least 5 years of the actual practice of law.
- 50% of practice is in marital and family law.
- 25 contested marital and family law cases.
- 7 of the 25 cases must have trials as defined in accordance with the rules.
- 18 of the 25 cases must show substantial involvement in accordance with the rules.
- Submit names and addresses of 6 lawyers and 3 judicial officers as references.
- 75 certification credit hours of approved CLE.
- Pass a written examination.
Please be sure to see Rules Regulating The Florida Bar, Rule 6-6 for the complete requirements of board certification in marital and family law.
If you wish to apply for certification, download the Application for Certification.
Filing period opens July 1 and applications must be filed by August 31.
Download Exam Specifications
See page 2
Download Standing Committee Policies
See page 11