COURSE NO. 3186R
Attendance is Limited to 80 Registrants
No On-Site Registration
Make plans now to attend the 2019 Trial Advocacy Workshop. Hone your trial skills as you prepare and present a family law case from beginning to end. Choose between a “Children’s Issues” track or a “Financial Issues” track (preferences will be considered but are not guaranteed). You will be paired with an opposing counsel and will be part of a small group where you will receive individualized attention and critique from your workshop leaders, all of whom are either Board-Certified Marital and Family Law attorneys, judges or general magistrates. You will meet with mental health experts (“Children’s Issues” track) or financial experts (“Financial Issues” track) and will have an opportunity to ask questions and engage in open discussions. The Trial Advocacy Workshop always sells out, so take this opportunity to change the way you approach a contested family law proceeding and sharpen your trial tools. And for those hoping to become Board Certified or re-Certified in Marital and Family Law, remember that completion of the Trial Advocacy Workshop counts toward your trial requirement.
• Case analysis and preparation
• Organizing your presentation
• Introducing and objecting to evidence
• Conducting direct and cross-examination of fact witnesses and experts
• Presenting effective Openings and Closings
• Developing a Case Strategy and Theme
Attendees Please Note:
• Electronic materials will be provided for direct download ONLY prior to Workshop (No paper copies will be provided on site).
• Advance preparation is required.
• Courtroom attire is MANDATORY for entire workshop.
• Attendance and participation in ALL lectures and workshops is MANDATORY.
Registration + Hotel Reservations
The Registration Fee is $940 for Family Law Section members, $995 for non-Section members (registration for non-Section members includes a one-year membership in the Section). You MUST register ONLINE through The Florida Bar Member Portal. After you log in, go to CLE EVENTS/MEETINGS/SEARCH BY COURSE NUMBER (Course Number is 3186R).
Alternatively, to pay by credit card by phone, call The Florida Bar Accounting Department (850) 561-5831. REGISTRATIONS ARE LIMITED AND THERE IS NO ON-SITE REGISTATION. A limited number of scholarships are available. The application is available online at www.familylawfla.org. A block of rooms has been reserved at the (021) Marriott Tampa Waterside at the rate of $159 single/double occupancy. Reservations must be made by Tuesday, July 2, 2019 to ensure the group rate and availability. After that date, the group rate will be granted on a “space available” basis.